Anxiety has become a big problem for many of us in this new world scenario. Here are some good and proven herbal remedies that help fighting anxiety and stress.
1. Chamomile - Mild sedating properties of chamomile tea induce sleep thus help in anxiety.
2. Green tea - Green tea helps to activate brain functions like improved mood, vigilance, reaction time and memory. The Psychoactive properties of green tea have potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress. It is a good remedy for anti-anxiety.
3. Hops (Humulus lupulus) - Hops are very good remedies for treatment of anxiety, restlessness, and insomnia. Sedative effect hops make it a popular remedy for sleeplessness.
4. Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) - This herb is well known for its anti-anxiety properties but has no good evidence for this fact.
5. Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) - It increases the GBA (neurotransmitter) activity in brain that produce the sedative effect and helps to fight Anti-anxiety.
6. Passionflower - Passionflower works by increasing levels of Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) in the brain, which lowers the activity of brain thus produce sedative effect, making you feel more relaxed.
7. Lavender - Lavender is a proven and effective herbal remedy for treating signs of anxiety and depression symptoms.
8. Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha is found to be very helpful in treating anxiety.
9. Kava Kava - Kava is effective a herbal remedy for anxiety, stress, and insomnia. It is used a supplement or Tea.
Exercise, Yoga, Meditation, regular workout and social gatherings are also useful for fighting anxiety.