Difference between Caraway (Carum Carvi) and Cumin (Cuminum Cyminum):
1. Caraway and Cumin are two different spices. Do not get confused between them. They both differ in taste, shape, color and fragrance.
2. Caraway seeds are brown in color that vary from light to dark. Cumin seeds are yellowish brown in color.
3. Caraway smells aromatic and pungent, whereas Cumin smells nutty and distinct.
4. Caraway is long and tapered from the end, whereas Cumin is elliptical in shape.
5. Caraway has mild anise taste, whereas Cumin has spicy taste and slightly peppery.
6. Caraway is best used for Indigestion and Colic, whereas Cumin is best used to increase breast milk and cure Biliousness.
7. Caraway is a good Appetizer, whereas Cumin is good Diuretic.